- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Diplomatic relations between Greece and Azerbaijan were established in 1992. The Greek Embassy in Baku was opened in the spring of 1993. The Embassy of Azerbaijan in Athens was opened in August 2004.
The President of Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev, carried out a state visit to Greece on 16 June 2014, while the former Prime Minister of Greece visited Baku on 19-20 September 2014, at Mr. Aliyev’s invitation, and participated in the anniversary events marking the foundation of the “Southern Corridor”.
Major developments in Greek-Azeri bilateral relations include the implementation of the plan for the construction of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) and the interest of the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) in purchasing a majority share in the Hellenic Gas Transmission System Operator (DESFA).
For information on bilateral economic relations, you can visit the AGORA internet portal.
There is a Centre for Modern Greek Language and Culture in the Slavic University of Baku, with about 50 students.
The Greek community in Azerbaijan is concentrated in Baku and numbers about a few hundred people. Most of them are descendents of the Black Sea Greeks of Asia Minor who in the late 19th and early 20th centuries migrated to Baku.
Embassy in Baku
Address : Caspian Plaza III, 9th floor,44 Jafar Jabbarli str.
Tel. : (0099412) 4920119
Fax : (0099412) 4924835
Emergency phone: 00994 50 2560067
Head of Mission : Dimitrios Tsoungas
Consular Office in Baku
Address: Caspian Plaza III, 9th floor,44 Jafar Jabbarli str..
Tel: (0099412) 4920119, 4920175
Fax: (0099412) 4924835
Head: Konstantinos Adamopoulos
Commercial Section in Baku
Address : Caspian Plaza III, 9th floor,44 Jafar Jabbarli str., Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel. : (0099412) 4920119
Fax : (0099412) 4924645
Web Site: http://www.agora.mfa.gr/en/offices-of-economic-and-commercial-affairs/offices-by-country
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00
Head: Vassilios Sitaras