- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Passports are issued in cooperation with the Citizen Protection Ministry and the Hellenic Police’s Passport Directorate (8 Chiou St., Kaisariani, 16121, tel: 210 7298000)
To issue a new passport, our Missions abroad take receipt of the necessary documentation, which is sent to the competent Directorate of the Ministry of Public Order and Citizen Protection.
Click here to track the progress of an application that has been submitted.
NOTE: Older passports issued by Prefectures and our Consular Authorities abroad ceased being valid as of 1 January 2007.
In case of loss or theft, the holder of the lost passport must report the loss immediately to the nearest police or consular authority (the same holds true if the lost passport is found). The above authority carries out an investigation (which may last up to 3 months) into the circumstances under which the passport was lost or stolen. During the investigation, a new passport is not issued to the applicant unless it is deemed necessary that the applicant travel abroad to receive medical treatment.
In cases of emergency, provisional travelling documents can be issued by our Consular Missions abroad for the repatriation of Greek citizens.