- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Foreign Ministry announcement on the security situation in Syria
The travel advisory issued by the Foreign Ministry last week regarding the rapidly deteriorating security situation in Syria continues to be in effect.
Detailed instructions have also been issued to the Embassy regarding the preparations that need to be made for any eventuality and the notification that needs to be provided to Greeks in Syria.
The Foreign Ministry is monitoring and evaluating the security situation carefully and has a plan in place for suspending the operation of the Greek Embassy in Damascus. Any new developments will be announced.
All moves must be made calmly and based on the need to ensure the security of Greek citizens.