- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Foreign Minister Avramopoulos’ statement following his meeting with the President of the Republic
D. AVRAMOPOULOS: As you know, I just got back from Istanbul and was received by the President of the Republic ahead of the mission to the European Council meeting. It was a briefing, following the meeting held yesterday at the Foreign Ministry. The Greek Delegation is prepared, headed by the Head of State, to go to the meeting, and I believe that everything is well organized and that the mission will have a positive outcome.
JOURNALIST: Will you be with the delegation
D. AVRAMOPOULOS: Certainly.
JOURNALIST: You will be their too.
D. AVRAMOPOULOS: As is usual.
JOURNALIST: Regarding your meeting yesterday, when you were received by the Patriarch and met with your Turkish counterpart?
D. AVRAMOPOULOS: I met with His All Holiness yesterday, and this morning, within the framework of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) conference, I had an informal but very friendly meeting, in a very positive atmosphere, with the Turkish Foreign Minister. The purpose of the meeting was to rekindle our relations, and from September on we will undertake a series of initiatives that will open new paths of cooperation between the two countries.
Thank you very much.