- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Evangelos Venizelos was born in Thessaloniki on 1.1.1957. He is married to Lila Bakatselou and has a daughter, Elvina.
He is a University Professor of Constitutional Law at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
He was elected MP (PASOK) in Thessaloniki (A) Constituency in the general election of 1993, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2007. He was a member of the Constitutional Revision Committee and the general “raporteur” on behalf of the parliamentary majority in the last Constitutional Revision of the year 2001.
Since 1993 he has served as Minister under the Andreas Papandreou and Kostas Simitis PASOK governments. In particular, he has served the following terms:
- Minister for Press and Mass Media- Government Spokesman (1993-95)
- Minister for Transport and Communications (1995-96)
- Minister for Justice (1996)
- Minister for Culture & Sports (1996 – 1999)
- Minister for Development, Energy, Industry, Trade, Tourism and Technology (1999-2000)
- Minister for Culture & Sports 2000-2004 (in charge of coordinating the entire range of aspects of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games preparation (Infrastructures, relations with International Olympic Committee etc.)
Evangelos Venizelos has been member of the Central Committee of PASOK since 1990 and member of PASOK Executive Office.
He has published many academic studies and legal textbooks, as well as books dealing with the political issues surrounding the role of mass media in modern democracies, role of government institutions, European affairs, Greek foreign policy, culture and development policy in 21st Century, etc. His studies have been published in most academic journals and numerous articles in the national and, also, international press.
Evangelos Venizelos was member of the Central Council of Students Union of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1977) and the National Council of Students’ Unions (1975).
Law Faculty, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Postgraduate Studies at the University of Paris II, France.
Honorary PhD from La Trobe University Melbourne, Australia