- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
PETROS G. MOLYVIATIS
MINISTER FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Born in Chios in 1928.
Law Degree from Athens University.
Speaks English and French.
As a career diplomat, he served in the Permanent Delegation of Greece to the United Nations in New York and NATO in Brussels.
Also served in the Greek Embassies in Moscow, Pretoria and Ankara.
From 1974-1980 was Diplomatic Advisor and Director General of the Political Cabinet of Prime Minister Konstantinos Karamanlis.
From 1980-1985 and 1990-1995 was Secretary General of the Presidency of the Republic.
Was elected Member of Parliament for “Nea Dimokratia” Party in 1996 and 2000.
Member of the Foreign Affairs and European Affairs Committee of the Parliament (1996 – 2004).
Coordinator for Foreign and Defense Affairs of “Nea Dimokratia” Party (2000 – 2004).
On May 2003, he was appointed as parliamentary representative of “Nea Dimokratia” to the National Council on Foreign Policy.
2004-2006 Foreign Minister
2012 Foreign Minister in the caretaker cabinet of Panagiotis Pikrammeno
Chairman of the Konstantinos Karamanlis Foundation.
He is married and has one daughter and one son.