- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
Giorgos Tsipras was born and grew up in Athens. He is 48 years old. He graduated from the Varvakeio High School and holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the National Metsovion Polytechnic (National Technical University of Athens). Until recently, he worked as an engineer in the private sector.
His involvement in public affairs dates from his school and university years. He developed political and trade union activity on the lines of the Left. He has published many articles, in newspapers and magazines, on international affairs and foreign policy.
He has been a member of the SYRIZA Central Committee since its formation in 2012, and until the recent elections he served as Coordinator for the party’s Foreign Policy bureau.
He was appointed Secretary General for International Economic Relations in April 2015.
He is married and has two children.