- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
The Diplomatic Academy was founded in 1999 and functions as a self-contained organic unit of the Ministry, subject directly to the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The Diplomatic Academy’s main mission is twofold:
- The initial professional training of the candidates who successfully pass the preliminary exams required for the diplomatic service. This training extends over a period of three months and focuses on issues of foreign policy, public administration and diplomatic practice, as well as on issues of economic and commercial diplomacy.
- The ongoing training of MFA personnel, the organization of education seminars on Greek foreign policy issues for Greeks and foreigners, and the organization of educational programmes on issues within the Foreign Ministry’s competency, for personnel from other Ministries and state services.
Moreover, within the framework of developing relations with third countries and promoting international cooperation, the Diplomatic Academy considers exchanges with corresponding foreign institutions, with the aim of strengthening cooperation on training issues.
The Academy is directly accountable to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and is headed by a member of the diplomatic service holding an ambassadorial rank.
The Diplomatic Academy is assisted in its work by the Educational Council.
More information regarding the Diplomatic Service Entrance Exam is available on the following webpage: Diplomatic branch