Call for Applications - Administrative Staff Embassy of Greece
CALL FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF AT THE EMBASSY OF GREECE IN SARAJEVO
Department for Economic and Commercial Affairs
The Embassy of Greece in Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Administrative Staff at the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent acts as personal assistant to the chief of the Economic and Commercial Affairs Department and provides high-level administrative support, yet will also be asked to contribute to a variety of administrative and personal tasks according to the Embassy’s greater needs. Varied responsibilities include performing market research for the needs of the Embassy’s Economic and Commercial Department, assisting in gathering appropriate information for the needs of the Economic and Commercial Department, scheduling meetings for the members of the Embassy, responding to correspondence, visitors and telephone calls, attending meetings on behalf of the Embassy, translation and interpretation from Greek to official languages in use in BiH (Serb/Croatian/Bosnian) and vice versa, following the press on market/business development on a daily basis, preparing paperwork for the Embassy etc. Work situations require initiative and discretion along with strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities. This position requires a wide variety of both internal and external contacts and the ideal candidate may exercise considerable judgement and discretion in completing assignments.
- Perform typical administrative staff duties to support the Commercial Attaché’s professional responsibilities
- Manage his/her Chief’s daily calendar
- Schedule and manage work arrangements, prepare for meetings and conference calls with internal or external parties
- Coordinate and manage daily schedule and appointment logistics
- Handle correspondence and documentation
- Screen phone calls and maintain client database and contact lists
- Establish and maintain relations with clients and team members
- Coordinate and execute special events and projects
- Special responsibilities related to the Commercial Affairs Department, such as searching for business information, processing of economic and statistical data in view of the preparation of surveys and reports, contacting government and /or other agencies in pursuit of information on certificates and permits required for carrying out commercial transactions etc.
- Translation and Interpretation from Greek to official languages in use in BiH (Serb/Croatian/Bosnian) and vice versa
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- University Degree in Economic Science or related field (Postgraduate degree is an asset)
- Proficiency in Greek, English and Languages in official use in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Knowledge of market-business developments in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the region (SEE)
- Relevant Professional Experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of computer software programs – Microsoft office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess general clerical, data entry and excellent organizational skills
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send us your Motivation letter and a recent CV in English to the following emails: and
NO telephone enquiries please!
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview
Deadline for submission of CV and Motivation Letter: Monday 15 August 2016