SCHENGEN VISA REQUIREMENTS
1. Completed application form & declaration duly signed by the applicant.
2. Passport valid for at least three months after your return +1 copy of personal data pages including re-entry permit.
3. Visa for Japan and Re-entry permit to Japan. They must be valid for at least three months from your scheduled return. Temporary visitors in Japan cannot apply for a visa.
4. One (1) recent passport size (45～50 x 35～40mm) color photograph of the applicant with white background.
* Please do not stick on the application form.
5. One of the following:
a. A letter of employment including date of employee, job title, salary and duration of annual leaves.
b. A copy of commercial registration and your last income tax payment receipt, if you are owner of a company.
c. Student registration certificate.
d. In case of unemployment, certificate of marriage or family registration with English translations as well as the passport and the employment certificate including date of employee, job title and salary of the applicant’s spouse.
6. Recent bank statement (or bank book + 1 copy) for the last 6 months.
In case of unemployment, same document of the applicant’s spouse.
7. Round trip air ticket voucher or reservation certificate.
8. Hotel reservation certificate.
9. Confirmed itinerary.
10. Overseas travel insurance covering medical expenses as well as rescue and repatriation at least 30,000 Euro for each valid for the duration of stay.
11. Alien registration card or Resident card +1 copy.
12. Besides the above mentioned documents, the following documents are required according to the purpose of visit.
a. Business trip: A recommendation letter and statement from your employer taking charge of your travel expenses and/or invitation letter from your partner company in Greece
b. Academic conference: A letter of acceptance/invitation.
c. Visiting family or friends: A letter of guarantee with the signature of the guarantor authenticated.
d. For minors: Declaration of consent by parents or other legal guardians.
- Following the introduction of a new residency management system of Japan, valid residence card replaces re-entry permit.
- Other documents may be requested after the interview.
- The applicants are requested to apply at least 3 weeks before the departure.
- Visa fee, equivalent of 60 Euro, is to be paid upon application.
*The amount in yen is subject to change by the exchange rate of the month.
• Visa fee is not refundable even in case the visa is refused.
- The applicants have to apply in person for an interview at the Consular Office.
- The applicants are requested to fix an appointment with the officer in charge beforehand.
- All the submitted documents will be non-returnable.
If you need to keep the original documents, please make a copy so that you can present
the original and submit the copy.
- English or Greek translations are required to all the documents written in other languages.
- In case you prefer to receive your passport by mail, please bring self-addressed “Letter Pack 500” envelop, which is available in convenience stores and post offices.
Countries which require Schengen VISA (more)
Should you have any further questions regarding the above or for any clarification you may contact an agent of the Consular Office via telephone at +81(0)3 3403-0871/2, via fax at +81(0)3 3402 4642 or via e-mal at the following address: