Project Manager Vacancy - EUNIC Jordan
Project Manager Vacancy
The Project Manager will implement a 24 month project on behalf of the European Union National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC) Jordan. The project – ‘EU Cultural Events in Jordan’ – is funded by the European Union and the overall project purpose is to: support the development of cultural and creative industries in Jordan, with a particular focus on promotion within the EU; raise awareness of the EU and its member states’ culture among a diverse general public in Jordan; to promote cultural exchanges and mobility of artists between the European Union and Jordan; and to present the EU as an active supporter of diverse cultural expressions.
The Project Manager will report directly to the seven members of the EUNIC board and will work in close collaboration with the Programme Attaché at the Delegation of the European Union to Jordan responsible for the culture portfolio. On a day-to-day basis the Project Manager will report to the Director of the British Council.
Continuation of the project after 30 December 2017 is a probability but not guaranteed, and will be based on the renewal of the project contract by the EU Delegation.
Specific tasks will include:
- Implementation of the European Film Festival
- Implementation of a series of public debates
- Implementation of celebrations for the European Day of Languages
- Organising trainings and workshops for Jordanian professionals in the cultural and creative sector
- Liaising with project partners and stakeholders in Jordan and Europe
- Administration and financial management
- Project and financial reporting
Qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in a field related to the scope of the project
- Ability to manage several activities simultaneously and to prioritise work
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following fields: training, capacity building, cultural cooperation and exchanges, events management, assistance to creative industries
- Knowledge of the local context and the creative field in Jordan
- Competent in developing and maintaining sustainable relations with stakeholders
Location: The Project Manager will be based at the British Council in Amman.
Starting Date: 1 February 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter
To apply: send a CV and cover letter to:
Deadline for Application: 10 January 2016
Interviews: 24 January 2016