- The Permanent Mission
- Greece in the UN-Geneva
World Trade Organisation – WTO / General Council meeting, 12/5/2014
The WTO General Council took place on 12 May 2014 dealing with the following main topics:
- Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee (the Director-General Mr Roberto Azevedo noted that members remained focused on the 2 main priorities : a) implementing the Bali Μinisterial outcomes and b) meeting the December deadline for the preparation of the work programme to complete the Doha Development Agenda. He also stressed that work would further intensify in June and July 2014)
- Report by the Chairman Preparatory of the Committee on Trade Facilitation (the Chairman of the Preparatory Committee announced that the legal review of the Trade Facilitation Agreement was concluded. The next task on the agenda is to prepare the Protocol of Implementation)
- Work Programme on Small Economies
- Aid for Trade Work Programme for the years 2014-2015
- Trade restrictive measures of certain members (communication from the Russian Federation and the European Union)
- Improving the guidelines for granting Intergovernmental Organizations permanent Observer status in the WTO
- Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration.
The Chairman of the Council also announced that he will soon start consultations on the date and venue for WTO’s 10th Ministerial Conference (2015) and on the possibility of appointing a “facilitator” for e-commerce.
The EU Delegation along with the Greek Presidency attended the meeting.