- The Permanent Mission
- Greece in the U.N.
"We discussed Greece΄s role in regional stability and security."
Read Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias' statements to journalists following his meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (Washington, 13 March 2017)
"My message to Ankara: We're the best neighbour they could ever find. I hope they become the same for us."
"Turkey knows that its position on rights of intervention and troops in Cyprus is its weakest point. Turkey is exposed internationally on this matter and it is trying to side-track the conversation". - Read FM N.Kotzias' interview with Alexis Papahelas, on SKAI TV's "Istories" (21/022017)
"The fear of violence by third parties must be eliminated from the map of Cyprus"
"The system of guarantees is outdated. Every Cypriot must feel secure. The best guarantee of citizens' rights is the EU. We also propose a specific Friendship Agreement between Cyprus, Turkey & Greece..." - Read FM N.Kotzias' intervention at the Geneva Conference on the Cyprus problem (12/01/2017)
"We need a viable solution for Cyprus, without occupation forces and intervention rights"
Read Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias' statements and responses to journalists' questions following his meetings in New York (New York, 6 January 2017)
- Deputy FM I. Amanatidis' speech at the event entitled "17 UN Goals for sustainable development" (Observatory of International Organizations and Globalization, 16 March 2017)
Ladies and Gentlemen,It is with great pleasure that I am here today so that I may contribute to the discussion of the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and, subsequently, of the initiatives that will have to be taken, on both a national and...
- Foreign Minister N. Kotzias' statements to journalists on completion of his visit to the U.S.A. (14 March 2017)
N. KOTZIAS: I think the two-day visit to the U.S. was very successful. We met with the Secretary of State, we met with the National Security Advisor and his deputy. We also saw the White House...
- Foreign Minister N. Kotzias΄ statement to the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT) following the proceedings of the EU Foreign Affairs Council (Brussels, 6 March 2017)
JOURNALIST: Migration, external relations, Libya, Egypt at today's Council of Foreign Ministers.
- Foreign Ministry announcement on the launching of ballistic missiles by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
"The Foreign Ministry condemns the recent launching of ballistic missiles by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, an action that violates international legitimacy, defying the relevant Resolutions of the UN Security Council and escalating tensions in the...
- Foreign Minister N. Kotzias' interview with Alexis Papahelas, on SKAI TV's "Istories" (Tuesday, 21 February 2017)
JOURNALIST: Mr. Minister, thank you for being kind enough to join us for this conversation/interview, and we are taping this on Friday morning, and just a few hours ago there was what I think, at least, was a major incident at Farmakonisi. Let's start with that....
- Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias' statements and responses to journalists' questions following his meetings in New York (New York, 6 January 2017)
My one-day visit to New York can be considered a success on many fronts. A number of meetings took place with Greek American and Cypriot American organizations as well as with the Jewish lobby.My meeting with Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu took place this morning,...
The Greek islands, well known for their sunny beaches and clear blue waters, attract outdoor enthusiasts not only for activities such as diving, scuba diving, snorkeling, wind surfing, sailing or...
Auguste Corteau (1979) is a fiction writer, a playwright and a translator. He has written novels/novellas: Rabastin (1999), The Square (2000), Haunted (2001), Animal (2002), The Streets Sculptor...
Lyra player, singer, songwriter and theoretical physicist "Chainis" Dimitris Apostolakis is a founding member of Chainides, a Cretan music group formed in 1990 by a group of...