- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
Internship for the Economic and Commercial Section
The Economic and Commercial Section of the Greek Embassy in London offers internships throughout the year for a period of 3-6 months, full-time or part-time. The applicants must be either Greek or British citizens and have completed, or are completing their university studies.
Interns will be able to participate in the daily program of a diplomatic posting and experience all the aspects of a diplomatic position.
Duties will include:
- communicating with British Business Associations and Government bodies;
- monitoring daily economic press;
- writing reports and conducting market research;
- attending various meetings/conferences;
- supporting visits of Greek officials and business delegations to the UK;
- responding to various info requests about Greece and Greek business environment;
- responding to various info requests about the UK and its business environment
- dealing/witnessing economic diplomacy issues in London.
An internship is a voluntary position and thus no salary or any other kind of remuneration can be offered. Further to this, the Economic and Commercial Section cannot assist interns finding accommodation and therefore interns have to find, or already have accommodation in London secured prior to undertaking the internship. Interns should also have their own social security, as the Economic and Commercial Section cannot offer one.
Curriculum Vitae, a photo and cover letters should be e-mailed to the Economic and Commercial Section of the Greek Embassy in London via email to at least 1 month in advance of the period intended to undertake the internship.
For more information you may contact: Embassy of Greece, Economic and Commercial Section, 1A Holland Park W11 3TP London, Tel. 020 7727 8860, Fax 020 7727 9934
The Economic and Commercial Section of the Greek Embassy is located at 1A Holland Park W11 3TP London, Tel. 020 77278860, Fax 020 77279934, e-mail:
Its primary role is the promotion of the trade and economic interests of the Hellenic Republic in the United Kingdom, through promoting and facilitating the expansion of Greek exports of goods and services, monitoring imports, attracting foreign investment in Greece and enhancing bilateral business cooperation. The role includes:
- Promoting Greece as an international business and services centre
- Encouraging foreign investment and stimulating business interest in Greece
- Developing commercial relations and business contacts with British importers and distributors.
- Enhancing the image of Greece as a reliable trading partner
- Providing information to business community and prospective investors on Greece’s export possibilities in industrial and agricultural products and investment opportunities in Greece.
- Organising trade delegations and facilitating participation in trade fairs and exhibitions in the UK
- Organising seminars/workshops/conferences for the promotion of various production sectors and the Greek economy.
- Providing lists of contacts for importers/exporters, market intelligence concerning business opportunities and export prospects
- Identifying marketing opportunities through market research and monitoring of trends and developments with a view to fitting products into markets
- Dealing with trade and business inquiries and providing essential information.