- About Us
- Embassy of Greece in Washington DC
- Consulate General in San Francisco
- Consulate General in Boston
- Consulate General in Los Angeles
- Consulate General in New York
- Consulate General in Chicago
- Consulate General in Tampa
- Consulate in Atlanta
- Consulate in Houston
- About Greece
- Greece and the USA
- An Amazing Culture
Examinations for Certification in Modern Greek Language
The Education Office of the Greek Embassy announces that the examinations for the Certification of Attainment in the Modern Greek Language for the year 2012, organized by the Center for the Greek Language in Thessaloniki, Greece, will take place in the following five Examination Centers:
1. Greek School of St. Catherine Greek Orthodox Church, Falls Church, Virginia (Mail Address: Embassy of Greece, Education Office, 2211 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington – D.C. 20008, Tel.: (202) 332 3196, Fax: (202) 332 7656, Responsible: Dr Antonios Marmarinos
2. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Charlotte, North Carolina (Mail Address: Holy Trinity, Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 600 East Boulevard, Charlotte - N.C. 28203, Tel.: (704) 334 4771, Fax: (704) 335 5440, e-mail: . Responsible: Mr Eleftherios Peroulas).
3. Dept of Classics / Modern Greek Studies, University of Florida (Mail Address: University of Florida, Department of Classics / Greek Studies, P.O. Box 117 435, Gainesville – FL 32611-7435, Τηλ.: (352) 392 2075, Fax: (352) 846 0297, e-mail: Responsible: Mr K. Kapparis).
4. Archimedean Academy, Miami, Florida (Mail Address: Archimedean Academy, 12425 SW Sunset Drive, Miami – FL 33183, tel.: (305) 279 6572, Fax: (305) 675 8448, e-mail: . Responsible: Dr George Kafkoulis).
5. St George Greek Orthodox Church, New Port Richey, Florida. Mail Address 9426 Little Rd, New Port Richey ,34654,Florida,tel: 727 868 5911, 727 810 0989, fax: 727 861 1358, e-mail . Responsible: Mrs Katris
Application period is February 1st February through March 21st 2012.
For application and other examination material, candidates may contact the closest to their area Examination Center, of the above five.
The examinations will take place on Monday May 14th, Tuesday May 15th and Wednesday May 16th. The examinations will be both oral and written, at seven different levels of difficulty.
Sum of attendance:
80 USD for levels A1 (ages 8-12), A1 (older than 12 and adults).
100 USD for levelsA2 and B1
115 USD for levels B2, C1 and C2
The candidates must be 8 and above years of age.
Successful candidates at each level will receive an official certificate of attainment in Modern Greek.
Candidates who plan to take the examination may get information and printed materials from the five Examination Centers mentioned above and have to mail the following forms back to the Examination Center closest to their area:
1. The application form completed
2. The questionnaire completed
3. The notarized copy of proof of identity (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
4. A check with the examination fees (in USD, to the order of “ Ellinomathia Exams) corresponding to each level.
Antonios Marmarinos, PhD
Counselor for Education,