- About Us
- Embassy of Greece in Washington DC
- Consulate General in San Francisco
- Consulate General in Boston
- Consulate General in Los Angeles
- Consulate General in New York
- Consulate General in Chicago
- Consulate General in Tampa
- Consulate in Atlanta
- Consulate in Houston
- About Greece
- Greece and the USA
- An Amazing Culture
Speech by Consul Papanikolaou at the 2nd Congress for travel risk management in Houston
On Monday, Oct. 1, Consul Papanikolaou delivered a speech at the 2nd Congress for travel risk management held at Omni hotel in the city of Houston. More specifically, his presence was part of a wider thematic about travel safety and related risk management practices in European countries.
During his power point presentation, Consul Papanikolaou:
- briefly analyzed the requirements for entry and short / long term stay for foreign nationals
- listed the main points of touristic and archaeological interest that must be visited by travelers
- highlighted the excellent tourism infrastructure, the many options offered by Greece during summer / winter tourism, and all other forms of tourism such as religious (Meteora, Mount Athos), archaeological, conference, sports and luxury tourism (high quality tourist facilities in mainland and island Greece)
- tried to overturn the bad image diffused by US media because of demonstrations in central Athens, noting that the exact place and time of these protests are determined in advance and therefore they can be avoided by the well informed visitor.
He concluded his presentation by projecting a five minutes video, entitled "you in Greece", hosted at Embassy’s and consulates’ websites.
The conference was addressed exclusively to executives of companies and organizations who travel frequently on business or decide to offer travel packages as gifts to executives and suppliers.