- About Us
- Embassy of Greece in Washington DC
- Consulate General in San Francisco
- Consulate General in Boston
- Consulate General in Los Angeles
- Consulate General in New York
- Consulate General in Chicago
- Consulate General in Tampa
- Consulate in Atlanta
- Consulate in Houston
- About Greece
- Greece and the USA
- An Amazing Culture
Filming/Photographing in Greece
Filming/ photographing in Cultural Monuments
For filming/ photographing in cultural monuments in particular (archaeological sites, museums & monuments), media professionals should be granted permit issued by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. In order to obtain this permit, they should fill in an application form and submit it either to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism or to the Press & Communications Office in Washington D.C. or New York.
Fees for shooting may be required, depending on the concept and purpose of photographing/filming.
Use of cultural material
Furthermore, in order to reproduce, broadcast and/or publish images or footage from cultural monuments (archaeological sites, museums and monuments), media professionals are requested to fill in a request form.
- All necessary information must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
- An outline of the concept of the project must also be submitted
- In case of narration or participants involved, the script (either in Greek or English) must also be submitted.
- Fees may be required, depending on the use of recorded material.