- About Us
- The Embassy
- Consulate General in San Francisco
- Consulate General in Boston
- Consulate General in Los Angeles
- Consulate General in New York
- Consulate General in Chicago
- Consulate General in Tampa
- Consulate in Atlanta
- Consulate in Houston
- About Greece
- Greece and the USA
Media accreditation for foreign correspondents
Page 5 of 6
IV. What privileges will I enjoy?
Professional Service, Tax Exemptions, Residence Permit
• The non-EU foreign press correspondent – not the contributor – is entitled to a residence permit in Greece, issued by the competent Hellenic Authorities, following relevant certification by the Secretariat General of Information & Communication/Secretariat General of Mass Media.
• Only Foreign Press Correspondents are entitled to tax/duties exemptions.
• Foreign Press Correspondents who wish to renew the import tax exemption card on cars and goods, are requested to address the Ministry of Finance, after having renewed and received his/her accreditation card by the Secretariat General of Information & Communication/Secretariat General of Mass Media.
• Accredited journalists receive, via e-mail, information regarding the official visits of foreign state delegations in Greece as well as the official visits of the Hellenic Prime Minister and President of the Hellenic Republic abroad.
• Accredited journalists also receive, via e-mail, the minutes of the Government Spokesman’s briefings.
• The accreditation card issued by the Secretariat General of Information & Communication/Secretariat General of Mass Media is a prerequisite for becoming a member of the Foreign Press Association in Athens.