- About Us
- Embassy of Greece in Washington DC
- Consulate General in San Francisco
- Consulate General in Boston
- Consulate General in Los Angeles
- Consulate General in New York
- Consulate General in Chicago
- Consulate General in Tampa
- Consulate in Atlanta
- Consulate in Houston
- About Greece
- Greece and the USA
- An Amazing Culture
Letter of No Objection
For the issuance of a “letter of no objection” stating that the Greek government has no objection to the visitor receiving a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement of Section 212 (e) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, the following documents need to be presented:
1. an application to the Consular Office stating why the applicant is requesting a no objection letter
2. Income tax statement showing that no taxes are owed
3. Criminal record check
4. Certificate of registration in a municipality or community
5. Certificate from the State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) that no scholarship has been granted (Πιστοποιητικό από το ΙΚΥ ότι δεν έχει λάβει υποτροφία)
6. For a medical doctor, confirmation that their specialty is not a necessity for Greece
7. For males, a "type A" certificate showing that they’ve fulfilled their national service obligations.
8. case number from the U.S. Department of State
Please note that upon submission of the above documentation the "no objection letter" takes 4-6 weeks to be issued and is sent directly from us to the U.S. Department of State.
Letters of no objection are issued free of charge.
Please contact the relevant Greek Consular Authority in the USA for further information.