- About Us
- The Embassy
- Consulate General in San Francisco
- Consulate General in Boston
- Consulate General in Los Angeles
- Consulate General in New York
- Consulate General in Chicago
- Consulate General in Tampa
- Consulate in Atlanta
- Consulate in Houston
- About Greece
- Greece and the USA
- An Amazing Culture
Please visit the Visa section of the website of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs where you will find up to date and useful information with regard to Visa Applications.
You may also contact the relevant Greek Consular Authority in the USA for further information.
For the following Greek Consular Authorities VISA applications will be accepted only by appointment (Diplomatic, Service and Official Passports are excluded):
- Consular Office in Washington DC (tel: 202 939 1306)
- Consulate General of Greece in Boston (tel: 617-523-0100 ext. 224)
- Consulate General of Greece in New York (for appointment and special Schengen VISA requirements see instructions)
- Consulate General of Greece in Chicago (tel. 312-335-3915 ext. 831)
- Consulate General of Greece in San Francisco (tel. 415-775-2102)
- Consulate of Greece in Houston (tel: 713-840-7522 ext. 1)
- Consulate of Greece in Atlanta (tel: 404-261-3313),
- Consulate General of Greece in Tampa (tel: 8138650200)
Please Note the following:
Visa fees are paid in US dollars (you may view the exchange rate below).
Schengen Visa requirements: Tourist visa
1. A valid passport or Travel document. (Please make sure: (i) your passport has been issued within the previous 10 years, (ii) that your passport will be valid for at least three (3) months after the date you exit the Schengen States).
2. A valid Alien Resident Card or a visa to the U.S. (except for B1/B2).
3. A completed and signed visa application form.
4. One color photograph (2x2 inches). (Please note that it must be glued on the application form. Applications with stapled photographs will be rejected).
5. Bank and credit card statements for the last 3 months.
6. W-2 forms for the last 2 years.
7. Official itinerary with closed dates of travel.
8. Travel Insurance stating that you are covered in case of a medical emergency and repatriation in the Schengen States (minimum coverage of € 30.000).
9. a) For employees: Reference letter from the employer stating position and monthly or annual salary
b) For self-employed persons: Submit a letter from the bank that you do business with, stating that the company is in good standing.
c) For foreign students on F1 visas:
- valid I-20
- reference letter from educational institution (school/college/university) stating that you are in good standing, your major and the expected date of graduation.
10. Hotel reservations or proof of participation in group travel.
- If you are invited by a friend or family member you must submit: a letter of invitation (affidavit) signed by the person who is inviting you and notarized by the appropriate Authorities in Greece.
- If you are travelling on business you must submit business references.
Spouses of Greek or European Union’s citizens
If you are married to a Greek or EU citizen and need to apply for a Schengen visa please bring the following documentation ONLY:
1. A valid passport or Travel document. (Please make sure that your passport will be valid for at least three (3) months after the date you exit the Schengen States).
2. A completed and signed visa application form.
3. One color photograph (2x2 inches) (Please note that the picture must be glued on the application form. Any photographs that are stapled will result in that application not being accepted).
4. Marriage certificate.
5. Proof that the spouse is a Greek or EU citizen (EU passport or identification card).
The visa is issued free of charge to all spouses of Greek or EU citizens.
Visa requirements for studies in Greece
If you are interested in studying in Greece, please submit the following documentation:
1. A valid passport (Please make sure that your passport will be valid three (3) months after the date you exit Greece)
2. One color photograph (2x2 inches). (Please note that it must be glued on the application form. Applications with stapled photographs will be rejected).
3. A completed and signed National VISA Application Form (Application for a VISA for a long stay in Greece)
4. Acceptance letter of the institution where you will be studying certified by the prefectorial office.
5. Letter from a physician stating you suffer from no communicable diseases (Medical certificate for VISA).
6. National criminal record check from the F.B.I.
7. Travel Insurance stating that you are covered in case of a medical emergency and repatriation in the Schengen States (minimum coverage of € 30.000).
8. Proof of funds for the duration of stay in Greece (signed affidavit from your parents stating they will cover all your living expenses while in Greece)
9. Parents’ bank and credit cards statement
10. Parents’ W2 forms for the last two years
• The Consular Office reserves the right to ask for further documentation, in addition to the above mentioned.
• The applicant has to provide a set of photocopies of the above original documents.
• All visa applicants must appear in person in order to submit their application at least two weeks prior to their trip.
• Once the visa has been approved and issued, we can mail your passport to your residence if you provide us with a prepaid express envelope only from the post office (FEDE, UPS, DHL etc).
• Minor children cannot apply for their own visa. Both parents have to give their consent in person.
The Consulate General of Greece in New York accepts only money orders.
The Consulate of Greece in Houston accepts only cash and money orders. An appointment is required for visa applications at the Consulate of Greece in Houston.You can make an appointment by calling the Consulate office at (713)-840-7522 ext. 1