- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Our country is represented in Sri Lanka via parallel accreditation of its Embassy in New Delhi. Sri Lanka’s Embassy in Rome has parallel accreditation for Greece.
Relations between the two countries are good, bilateral and multilateral cooperation is satisfactory.
Greece took immediate action upon the news of the tsunami that hit regions in Southeast Asia in December 2004 in order provide relief and help those affected by the tsunami.
A Greek cruiseship carrying 500 tons of emergency humanitarian aid, including pharmaceutical and medical supplies, sailed from Athens for Sri Lanka. The boat remained in Trincomalee for 3 months, operating as a hospital ward.
With regard to long-term development aid, more than €8 million have been allocated as financing for reconstruction and infrastructure projects in the sectors of education, health, fishing and shipping.
Competent Authority: Greek Embassy in New Delhi, India
Honorary Consulate General in Colombo
Address : Level 3, Parkway Building, # 48, Park Street, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka
Tel. : (0094-11) 2300782/2300783
Honorary Consul General: Ajit Damon Gunewardene