- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Deputy FM Kouvelis meets with the U.S. Ambassador to Greece, Mr. D. Bennett Smith
Deputy Foreign Minister Spyros Kouvelis met today with the new U.S. Ambassador to Greece, Mr. Daniel Bennett Smith.
The subject of their talks was further cooperation between Greece and the U.S. on economic and trade issues, with particular emphasis on the sectors of energy, renewable energy sources, environmental protection, tourism, the promotion of Greek products in U.S. markets, and the protection of Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) products and Geographical Indications in the American market.
They also discussed the progress in cooperation between HellenicAid and the corresponding U.S. agency, USAID.
Through the Ambassador, Mr. Kouvelis extended an invitation to his U.S. counterpart and co-chair of the Economic and Trade Cooperation Committee Jose Fernandes for the convening of the next meeting of the Committee in Athens in the coming months.
Finally, Mr. Kouvelis and Mr. Bennett Smith discussed the prospects that are opening up via Greece’s “Black Sea Turns Green” initiative, within the framework of Greece’s current BSEC Chairmanship.