- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Deputy Foreign Minister I. Amanatidis meets with Norwegian Foreign Affairs State Secretary M. B. Røsland
Deputy Foreign Minister Ioannis Amanatidis met today, Friday, 9 June 2017, with Norwegian Foreign Affairs State Secretary Marit Berger Røsland.
During the meeting, which was carried out in a friendly and constructive atmosphere, they ascertained not only a shared outlook on a number of issues, but also the will to further deepen bilateral cooperation in the sector of cultural/educational diplomacy, which falls within the Deputy Minister's portfolio.
They agreed that the ongoing refugee crisis is a humanitarian challenge of unprecedented dimensions and, objectively speaking, cannot be managed by the countries on the EU's external borders if they do not receive the necessary European solidarity. The Norwegian State Secretary expressed her appreciation of the efforts Greece is making, and she was briefed by the Deputy Minister on the progress Greece has made on this critical issue over the past two years.
Mr. Amanatidis also underscored the need for the international community to work with resolve to deal with the root causes of the refugee flows as soon as possible, through creating conditions of peace and security in crisis hotspots. In this context, he set out in detail the international initiatives Greece is undertaking to promote a positive agenda in the wider region, bolster intercultural and interfaith dialogue, and protect religious minorities in the Middle East.