- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Meetings of Deputy FM Kouvelis in Cuba (10-14/12/10)
Deputy Foreign Minister Spyros Kouvelis is carrying out a visit to Cuba from Friday 10/12 to Tuesday 14/12. During his visit, Mr. Kouvelis will meet with his Cuban counterpart as well as representatives from other Ministries with a view to strengthening the two countries’ economic and trade ties.
In particular, Mr. Kouvelis had a meeting on Friday with Agriculture Deputy Minister, Mr. Ramon Fromenta. Both Ministers ascertained significant potential for cooperation in areas of common interest such as farming, mainly as regards organic farming and forest protection.
More specifically, a proposal was tabled to examine possibilities of cooperation between Greek and Cuban agricultural research institutes aiming at an exchange of expertise and research on production and cultivation issues. The meeting also touched upon the potential for strengthening bilateral trade though agricultural product exchanges.
Mr. Kouvelis also met with Transport Deputy Minister, Mr. Lazaro Machado Martinez, with whom he discussed areas of common interest and more particularly, the shipping sector, programmes for the construction and regeneration of ports and the emerging sector of cruises.
The above mentioned issues are expected to be discussed at the Joint Interministerial Committee to be convened soon in Athens. Concurrently, it was agreed that contacts should be held between Greek enterprises and relevant Cuban agencies.
On Monday, Mr. Kouvelis will have a meeting with his Cuban counterpart, Mr. Rodrigez Barrera, with whom he is expected to sign a Joint Declaration on Greek-Cuban Cooperation.
Mr. Kouvelis will also meet with Food Industry Deputy Minister, Mr. Fray Moya. Finally, on Tuesday he will have a series of meetings with Science, Technology and Environment Deputy Minister America Santos, Foreign Trade and Investment Deputy Minister Orlando Guillen and Culture Deputy Minister Fernando Rojas.