- The Ministry
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Alternate Minister of Foreign Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Affairs
- The Secretary General for Greeks Abroad
- The Secretary General for Public Diplomacy, Religious and Consular Affairs
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Alternate Minister of Foreign Affairs Miltiadis Varvitsiotis meets with the Ambassador of Kuwait, Saud Faisal Al-Daweesh (Athens, 6 August 2019)
Alternate Minister of Foreign Affairs Miltiadis Varvitsiotis today received the Ambassador of Kuwait, Saud Faisal Al-Daweesh, in a courtesy meeting.
During the meeting, they confirmed the excellent level of bilateral relations – as attested by the investments between the two countries and the large number of Kuwaiti citizens who visit Greece each year – and they agreed to cooperate more closely in the future.
The Alternate Minister stressed that Greece’s economic and political stability, as reflected in rising stock prices and the imminent removal of capital controls, make the country a magnet for new investments. In the same context, he referred to the successful example of Kuwait’s investment participation in the Four Seasons Astir Palace hotel and pointed out the prospects that will arise from the investment in Hellenikon, the licensing procedure for which is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
On his part, the Ambassador of Kuwait acknowledged the improved investment environment in Greece, which, in combination with the forthcoming direct air link between the two states, will make our country an even more popular destination for Kuwaiti citizens and investors.
The two sides expressed the expectation that the upcoming EU-Arab Summit, which will take place in October, in Athens, as well as the next meeting of the Joint Interministerial Committee, to be held in Kuwait, will help to further deepen the relations between the two countries.