- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Deputy Minister Ioannis Amanatidis
Ioannis Amanatidis was born on 2 June 1961, in Kilkis.
He completed his studies in from the Petroleum Chemical Department of T.E.I. Kavalas in 1981 and graduated from the Teachers΄ Training College of Thessaloniki in 1985. Since 1985, he has worked as a teacher in schools in Kalamaria.
Since 1996, he has been a member of the Teachers΄ Association in Kalamaria, a General Secretary of the Primary School Teachers΄ Association in Thessaloniki, a member of the Executive Committee of E.D.O.TH./N.T. A.D.E.D.Y. and a representative at the General Assemblies of E.D.O.TH and A.D.E.D.Y. He has always been present in the movements and initiatives of primary school associations.
He was elected MP for the first time in the national elections of 17 June 2012, on the Syriza ticket, in the 1st Electoral District of Thessaloniki, while in the 25 January 2015 election he garnered the most votes among Syriza candidates in his district.
Until taking up his duties and Deputy Foreign Minister, on 17 June 2015, he chaired the Parliamentary Special Permanent Committee on Greeks Abroad and was a member of Syriza’s EKKEs on Education and Foreign Affairs, a member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Educational Affairs, and a member of the Special Permanent Committee on Research and Technology. He was also the Syriza MP competent for Religions.
He holds the position of Secretary General of the Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy, a global organization aimed at encouraging contacts between parliamentary, political, church, academic and spiritual figures and institutions in order to develop Orthodox cultural heritage and contribute to the global dialogue on human rights and the peaceful coexistence of peoples.
He accompanied Alexis Tsipras on his first visit to Mount Athos, in August 2014, and was appointed Alexis Tsipras’ representative to the November 2014 enthronement feast-day celebrations of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, in Istanbul, where he had the opportunity to meet with Pope Francis.