- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
Ioannis Brachos was born in 1962, in Athens. He studied Economics at the Economics Department of the University of Athens and at the University of London (Queen Mary College).
He holds a PhD in Eeconomics and has worked as an academic in the Economics Department of the University of Athens and in the private sector.
He is a Ministry of Foreign Affairs Expert Minister Counsellor on Economic and European affairs. During his career he has handled, among other things, issues related to the formulation of the European Union’s Cooperation Agreements with third countries and the economic dimension of climate change. As head of the economic unit of the Permanent Representation of Greece to the EU (starting in 2015), he dealt with financial, taxation and customs matters, as well as state aid, EU budget and Brexit financial issues.
He is married and has two children.