Greece is moving towards a more competitive market-oriented agriculture, aiming at producing quality and branded products. Capitalizing on the comparative advantages of different areas and regions, agriculture contributes to the development of the Greek countryside. A greener and more sustainable agriculture is promoted, enhancing the complementarity between rural policy and the Renewable Energy Sources (RES). A new era of high nutritional value food products of the Greek land and sea is on track, emphasizing the importance of the Mediterranean-Greek diet.
1. Cool Beans!
2. Snail Farming
3. Electricity from wild Artichokes
4. Greek Food Exports on the Rise
5. Reinvigorating Agriculture
6. An 'Apocalyptic' Agricultural Endeavour on Patmos
7. Beware of Greeks Bringing …Prosciutto
8. 'Gramma’s Spoon Sweets'!
9. Avgotaracho: Greece’s Caviar
10. Herbs & Plants: Balm for the Soul