Announcement: Notice of Vacancy for the position of consular and administrative assistant
Announcement, 26 October 2016
The position of consular and administrative assistant is vacant in the Embassy of Greece in Kenya. The embassy is looking for someone that has experience in working in a multicultural environment and has strong social skills. The position is suitable for candidates that are capable of dealing with people on a daily basis in the Embassy or through email/telephone. Also, the candidate must be comfortable with moving around on foot and/or public transportation in CBD or elsewhere for errands. If a candidate is hired then he/she are expected to start immediately.
The contract will be for a period of two years (renewable). Employer contributions to NHIF and NSSF will be covered.
The candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
• Kenyan citizen
• Minimum age: 23 years old
• Experience in working in an Embassy or in a workplace with foreign nationals
• A university degree or a diploma of higher education
• Fluent in English, Swahili. Knowledge of Greek would be an asset.
• IT skills: word, email and excel.
• Good interpersonal skills.
|Consular work||• The employee will receive applications of individuals who wish to travel to Greece and Portugal on a Schengen visa. This will require learning the VIS computer program and the Schengen visa code.
• The employee will fact-check the paperwork submitted by applicants by phone and/or email.
• The employee will then print the visas.
• Receiving any paperwork concerning a visa applicant’s file and/or for consular matters.
• Keeping and updating the consular records.
|Communication||• Answering queries about visa applications and consular matters via phone and/or email.
• Fixing appointments for the consul.
|Administrative work||• When the personal assistant to the Ambassador is away, the employee will have to fill in. This includes emailing and receiving phone calls on his behalf.
• Keeping and updating the embassy records.
• Running errands such as paying bills in various locations in CBD.
• Communicating with the Kenyan MFA and other Kenyan government bodies pertaining to Embassy affairs.
• Filling in Kenyan government forms pertaining to Embassy affairs.
Candidates are requested to send their CV to
applicants will be contacted by email for an interview. The applicants may be called back for an interview on more than one occasion. Candidates are requested NOT to contact the Embassy by telephone or through any other email address about this vacancy.
Deadline for applications is 1 December, 2016