Programme of the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad
PROGRAMME OF THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT FOR GREEKS ABROAD
"MEETING OF 50 YOUNG GREEKS OF THE GREEK WORLDWIDE DIASPORA"
AGED 15-17 YEARS
FROM 29 JULY UNTIL 11 AUGUST 2014
ATTENTION!! DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS EXPIRES ON 14 APRIL 2014
The programme (13 overnight stays) aims at enhancing the national identity of the participants and to their getting to know modern Greece
There are 4 places reserved for those applying at the Consulate General of Greece in Johannesburg
The cost of the return tickets for each participant to and from Athens will be bourne by the parents.
The General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad will cover the costs of accomodation and of participation to the programme, which would include visits to historical and archaeological sites, museums and other attractions - excursions (Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Delphi, Nafplio, Epidaurus, Mycenes, Sounio, Aegina etc.), visits to the Presidential Palace and the Parliament, Lectures, Greek traditional dances and songs, participation in cultural activities as well as other activities aiming at getting to know modern Greece better, swimming at sea.
Conditions for participating:
- One of the parents should be of Greek descent
- The age of the participants should be 15-17 years old
- Very good school reports
- Knowledge of the Greek language and interest for the Greek history and culture
- The children of employees of the Greek state serving abroad are excluded from participating
- Submission of the duly completed relevant application, signed by both parents or by the legaly entitled parent/guardian in case of divorce, death etc.
- Sumbission of an attestation by a doctor concerning the good physical and mental health of the participant and his/her ability to participate in the programme's activities
- One recent photo of the participant
- In the case of a participant wishing to remain in Greece longer submission of the completed relevant authorisation in the application, duly signed by parents/guardians
Participation in the programme entails the compulsory participation in all the activities for the entire duration. If this proves not to be the case, the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad reserves the right to terminate a young person's participation in the programme in co-ordination with his/her parents.
The programme will only take place if an adequate number of young Greeks abroad express interest