- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
- Services for Citizens
Act determining the age of an unregistered minor or adult
Registration of an undeclared birth is only in respect of males and is required when the minor or adult registration appears as an indicative one within the family status record of a Greek municipality but he is not registered within the records of male births.
1. Act determining the age of a minor
The Greek parent must attend in person with the following documents (the child’s presence is not required):
• Application for registration and solemn declaration: You are kindly requested to complete the application prior to your attendance at the Consular Office.
• Birth certificate issued by the Special Registry Office in Athens or Long version Birth Certificate issued by the British registry office duly legalized with an APOSTILLE stamp from the competent British Authorities. A translation of the British Birth Certificate is not required.
• Valid passports of both parents. In the event that one of the parents is an EU citizen, the declaration may be completed using the ID card of the competent Member State. Non EU citizens are required to be in possession of a valid passport.
• Two (2) colour passport photos of the child are required (without biometric specifications).
• Certificate or Confirmation of Family Status of the Greek citizen (issued within the last 6 months). Greek citizens may access their family records via the portal gov.gr using their personal TAXISnet password. In the event that you do not have TAXISnet passwords, you are kindly requested to fill in a voluntary search application form providing your personal details in Greek and requesting that the Consular Office requests a copy of your family status record from the Municipality holding your initial registration.
The relevant documents can be sent to the Municipality via the Consular Office, or submitted directly by the interested parties themselves or by an authorized third party (in possession of a Notarized Power of Attorney). Greek citizenship for males is acquired when registration into the register of male births is completed.
|Fees:||The declaration itself 10€ sterling equivalent.
Copies 10€ sterling equivalent.
Payment in cash.
See section Consular Fees for itemised fees.
For documents that authentication of the original signature is required, it is priced at 10 Euros for Greek/EU citizens and 30 Euros for third country nationals equivalent in Sterling.
|Appointments:||Make an appointment via the e-appointments system.
Each registration act requires a separate appointment.
2. application voluntary search for a certificate
3. application for registration in the register of male births and