- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
POWER OF ATTORNEY
For a Power of Attorney, the following are requested:
- Valid passport or Greek Identity Card.
- Physical presence of the principal (applicant).
For a witness statement, the following are requested:
- Valid passport or Greek Identity Card of the witness.
- Copy of summons.
CHILD RECOGNITION ACT
For a child recognition act, the following are requested:
- Physical presence of both parents and the child.
- The original British FULL birth certificate of the child (that states the names of the parents) with Apostille legalisation (https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised) – No translation is required.
- Valid passports or Greek ID cards of both parents.
- Certificate of family status by the Municipality in Greece, for the Greek spouse/es. It must not be older than 6 months.
CONDITIONS TO BE MET IN ORDER FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED NOTARIAL DEEDS TO BE SIGNED:
1. The drawing up and signing of the above mention deeds require a pre-booked appointment. To book an appointment please click HERE, under the Category ''Notarial Deeds''.
Specifically for Child Recognition Acts, kindly reserve an appointment under the Category ''Certificates (Births - Deaths Marriages)''
2. The draft text of the above deeds must be sent to the following e-mail address (or, in case of a Child Recognition Act, to the e-mail address ), prior to the date of the appointment.
The draft documents must be in Word Format. The draft documents that do not meet those specifications will not be accepted.....
3. Signees (principals, witnesses) who do not speak Greek must be accompanied by an accredited interpreter or translator, who cosigns the deed. The interpretation fees are paid directly to the interpreter/translator.
The Consular Office does not provide translation/interpretation services. Should you wish to contact a certified Translator or Interpreter you may address one of the bellow mentioned certified Institutes:
Institute of Translation and Interpreting
Tel.: +44 (0)1908 325250
Fax: +0044 (0)1908 325259
Chartered Institute of Linguists
(Enter English and Greek as source and target Languages )
For information regarding the fees of the notarial deeds, you may click HERE.