Saturday 24 March 2018
greek english
Home arrow Services arrow Media Services arrow Media accreditation for foreign correspondents

Media accreditation for foreign correspondents

I. Am I eligible for correspondent status?

Foreign Press Correspondents ought to have a permanent residence in Greece.

According to Article 1 of the Ministerial Decree No 22356/Δ/634/3.11.1998:
Foreign Press Correspondents are defined as journalists who have as their main profession the dispatch, on a regular basis, of news reports, commentaries, articles, etc., to news agencies, radio/television networks or stations, daily newspapers and internationally-distinguished magazines which are based abroad.
In addition, photojournalists employed in a permanent working relationship by international news agencies, or collaborate with recognized photojournalistic agencies and dispatch, on a regular basis, photographic material of Greek interest, are also considered foreign press correspondents.

Foreign Press Contributors are defined as persons engaged in the regular dispatch of news reports, commentaries, articles and radio/television material to weekly, fortnightly and monthly publications (political, financial, various material – not, however, specialized ones), radio and television programs, as well as local stations, all based abroad.

Foreign Press Assistants are defined as persons employed by the bureaus of international news agencies and radio/television networks in Greece, in order to serve them on an administrative or journalistic level, or those employed by an accredited correspondent of a reputable, mass circulation newspaper in order to assist him/her in his/her work.

Join us on Facebook See our photos on Flickr Follow us on Twitter Watch our videos on YouTube Latest News in RSS
An Amazing Culture Greek Export Almanac
Visit Greece
Visit Greece | The Official website of the Greek Tourism Organisation

Golden Visa Programme

Σπουδές στην Ελλάδα - Study in Greece