Thursday 22 March 2018
greek english
Home arrow Services arrow Media Services arrow Media accreditation for foreign correspondents

Media accreditation for foreign correspondents

II. How do I issue an accreditation for the first time?

The journalist who is representing the foreign press and is seeking accreditation, brings, in person, the following supporting documents to the Public Relations Directorate of the Secretariat General of Information & Communication, where he/she also fills in an accreditation form:

Letter of assignment on official letterhead from the Publisher / Assignment Editor/Bureau Chief of the mass medium he/she represents, requesting his/her accreditation for the current year as a correspondent / contributor / assistant with a permanent employment relationship in Greece.

Certification or evidence proving that the applicant has exercised the journalistic profession for at least two years prior to taking up his/her position in Greece, or a sample of work consisting of at least ten (10) recent articles and a copy of the newspaper or magazine. Representatives of electronic media and photojournalistic agencies must submit certification from the director of the mass medium, with reference to the applicant’s professional activity during the last three-month period.

Journalistic identity card (if there is one, preferably from a foreign press association)

• If the applicant is not an EU national, his/her valid passport from his/her country of origin. If the applicant is an EU national, his/her identity card or passport from a member-state of the European Union.

• Tax registration number ("ΑΦΜ" for Greek) stating his/her employment capacity according to his/her income tax declaration.

Certification from the ETAP-MME social insurance body (Proprietors, Editors, Employees of the Press Fund) – in which foreign press correspondents and contributors are lawfully obliged to enlist – or certification from the ESHEA social insurance body – in the case of native journalists – or certification of legal exemption from ETAP-MME, if the applicant has submitted relative supporting evidence that he/she is insured with a corresponding social insurance body for journalists abroad. Submitting a private social insurance is considered complementary.

Brief curriculum vitae.

• Two (2) recent photographs (passport size).

Download the application form

The accreditation card is valid for one year and is renewable. Accreditation requests are assessed on the basis of the documents submitted, including additional documents, if necessary. The Secretariat General of Communication & Information / Secretariat General of Mass Media reserves the right to withdraw the accreditation card in case the working relationship of the journalist with the medium represented is suspended.

Join us on Facebook See our photos on Flickr Follow us on Twitter Watch our videos on YouTube Latest News in RSS
An Amazing Culture Greek Export Almanac
Visit Greece
Visit Greece | The Official website of the Greek Tourism Organisation

Golden Visa Programme

Σπουδές στην Ελλάδα - Study in Greece