Announcement of an open position in the capacity of at the Embassy of Greece in Oslo
Advertisement of a vacant post of a Guard-Concierge at the Embassy of Greece in Oslo
The Embassy of Greece in Oslo would like to announce one (1) job vacancy for the position of a Guard-Concierge. Candidates for the aforementioned position should meet the following formal requirements:
1. To have permanent residence in Norway.
2. To have a good knowledge of the Norwegian language.
3. To have completed their 25th year of age.
4. Candidates of Greek citizenship should have fulfilled their military service or be legally exempted from it.
The applicants’ communication skills in the Greek language, is considered to be of great importance and will weigh accordingly in the selection process, due to the special nature of the advertised position.
In addition to the above mentioned, the following will be taken into consideration during the applicants’ evaluation: their competence in the English language, their computer literacy, as well as the acquisition of a driving license and their familiarity with the Norwegian traffic code.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply for the vacancy by sending a cover letter explaining their interest in the position, accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae and the hereunder supporting documents at the Embassy’s e-mail address ( ), with the indication “Intent of interest for the Guard-Concierge position at the Embassy of Greece in Oslo”:
1. Passport copy (or national ID copy for candidates with Greek citizenship).
2. Documentation certifying acquisition of permanent residence in Norway.
3. Language certificates’ copies (if acquired).
4. Recommendation letters (if available).
Kindly note, that eligible candidates will be required to submit a criminal record certificate. The Embassy will therefore provide them with the necessary form, in order for them to apply for the criminal record certificate.
Eligible candidates, who meet the aforementioned mandatory requirements and who have the specific qualifications for the position in question, will be invited to appear at the premises of the Embassy of Greece in Oslo (Nobels Gate 45, 0268, Oslo), before a Selection Committee, appointed by the Embassy, on a time and date announced to them in due time.
Deadline for the submission of applications: Thursday, June 18th, 2020.