Announcement of an open position in the capacity of a Translator at the Embassy of Greece in Oslo
The Embassy of Greece in Oslo would like to announce one (1) job vacancy for a Translator, with monthly gross salary 3.700,00€. Eligible candidates for the aforementioned position should meet the following, formal requirements:
1. To have permanent residence in Norway.
2. To be proficient in the Norwegian language
3. To be proficient in the Greek language
4. To have completed their 25th year of age.
5. Candidates of Greek citizenship should have fulfilled their military service or be legally exempted from it.
In addition to the above, the candidates should also meet the specific requirements, as listed below:
1. Very good knowledge of the English language.
2. Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, social media).
Possession of a Bachelor or other higher education degree and previous working experience in a similar position, will also be taken into consideration.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply for the vacancy by sending a cover letter explaining their interest in the position, accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae and the hereunder supporting documents at the Embassy’s e-mail address (
), with the indication “Intent of interest for the position of Translator at the Embassy of Greece in Oslo”:
1. Passport copy (or national ID copy for candidates with Greek citizenship).
2. Documentation certifying acquisition of permanent residence in Norway.
3. Language certificates’ copies (if acquired).
4. Copies of higher education degrees, university or other (if acquired).
5. Recommendation letters (if available).
Kindly note, that eligible candidates will be required to submit a criminal record certificate. The Embassy will therefore provide them with the necessary form, in order for them to apply for the criminal record certificate.
Eligible candidates, who meet the aforementioned mandatory requirements and who have the specific qualifications for the position in question, will be invited to appear before a Selection Committee, appointed by the Embassy, at the premises of the Embassy of Greece in Oslo (Nobels Gate 45, 0268, Oslo), on a time and date announced to them in due time.
Deadline for the submission of applications: Friday, September 25th, 2020.