Press Release – Tourism
Wednesday, 15 July 2015
- Greece guarantees the highest quality of tourism services to its visitors, who have ranked Greece as one of the best destinations worldwide.
- Leading international tour operators give their vote of confidence to Greece’s tourism product by supporting the Greek tourism destinations.
- Visitors currently in Greece as well as people planning to visit Greece will not be affected by any developments in the Greek banking system and continue to enjoy their holidays in Greece without any problems whatsoever.
- The Greek Authorities do not anticipate any disruptions in visitor’s every day holiday experience, neither in the islands nor in mainland Greece, as there are adequate fuel supplies, products and services.
- The capital controls introduced by the Greek Government do not apply to those wishing to withdraw money from an ATM or carry out any other type of transactions using credit or debit cards issued abroad.
- The Greek Authorities respond to any challenge, providing immediate solutions. A special support mechanism has been established to this end (contact email: )