Born in Athens, Greece, on February 7th 1960
Marital status: Married to Mrs. Maria Dagli
• 1986-1989 - Attaché, Protocol Directorate, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Athens.
• 1989-1990 - Promoted to Third Secretary. Diplomatic Cabinet of the Prime Minister.
• 1990-1994 - Consulate of Greece in San Francisco.
• 1992-1993 - Seconded to the UN General Assembly. Third Committee Issues.
• 1994-1996 - Promoted to Second Secretary. Embassy of Greece in Kiev.
• 1996-1999 - Promoted to First Secretary. Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Greece in Bangkok.
• 1999-2003 - Deputy Head of the Directorate of EU External Relations, MFA, Athens. In parallel, member of the
Diplomatic Academy teaching staff, MFA, Athens.
• 2003-2007 - Counsellor at the Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations, New York. Representing Greece in the Security Council and the General Assembly in ECOSOC. Also dealing with UN reform.
• 2007-2008 - Counsellor at the Cabinet of the Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs, MFA, Athens.
• 2008-2013 - Head of Directorate of EU Institutional, Budgetary and Monetary Issues, MFA, Athens. Dealing with the Treaty of Lisbon, the EU Budget and the financial crisis in Greece.
• 2013-2016 - Ambassador of Greece to Ukraine and to the Republic of Moldova
• From October 2016 Ambassador of Greece to Romania
• 1982 - Bachelor Degree (BA) in Law, University of Athens
• 1983 - DEA in International Law, University of Nancy, France
• 1984 - DEA in European Community Law, University of Nancy, France Centre Européen Universitaire
• Greek, French, English, Spanish, Russian
Lectures and Seminars
Participated in many seminars. Invited as lecturer by many Universities, on Foreign Policy, International Relations and Cultural issues. Among others :
• Stanford University, US, lecture on Greek Foreign Policy, (1992).
• Teaching a one week course at the Chulalonkorn University of Bangkok, on Greek language and culture (1998).
• Thessaloniki University, International Relations School : The UN Security Council. The Greek participation (2009).
• Thessaloniki, Makedonia University, International Relations School : The EU Budget and the Greek positions (2010).
• Kiev, Shevshenko University, International Conference on language,culture and nation-building : Language as a vehicle for civilization. The case of Greek language throughout the centuries (2013).
• Kiev, Shevshenko University, History Dpt. : Greece and Buddhism. The Hellenistic kingdoms of India, Bactria and Sogdiana (2013).
• Kiev Linguistics University : Dialogue of civilizations : Greece and Ukraine (2014).
• Kiev, Shevshenko University, Literature School : Globalization, culture and language (2015).
• To the Far East. Impressions of a Diplomat, published in Athens, 2003. Collection of short stories.
• Olya. Two winters and one spring, published in Athens, 2007. Novel translated to Ukrainian and published in Kiev, in 2014.
Other Publications :
• The transfer of National Competencies to International Organizations according to the Greek Constitution of 1975. University of Athens, 1980.
• The Right of peoples to self-determination, as a principle of jus cogens, in International Law. University of Nancy, France 1983.
• The incorporation of the European Communities into a general Political Organization. University of Nancy, European Studies Center, 1984.
• The international system of Human Rights protection. University of Donietsk, Ukraine, 1995.
• Perspectives and Problems of Greek Foreign Policy in the Far East. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Athens, 1999.
• Language as a vehicle for culture. The case of the Greek language. Shevshenko University, Kiev, Ukraine, 2013
2000 - 2013 Member of the Diplomatic Academy teaching staff. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Athens.
• Teaching the course of “Diplomatic Practice” at the Diplomatic Academy. Introducing the concept of simulations in teaching of Greek diplomats: Simulation of EU and UN Security Council meetings, Interpersonal relations in international relations, Public Diplomacy and Public Speech, Personnel issues.
• Participating at a major reform of the Diplomatic Academy (2010). Member of the drafting committee for the new law of the Diplomatic Academy. Representing the Greek diplomatic Academy at the international forum of Diplomatic Academies in Vienna.
• Participating at annual seminars at the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna on preparing and improving simulations for teaching purposes.
• Teaching at the Diplomatic Academy of Cyprus (Nikosia) on EU issues (2011), invited by the Cyprus Foreign Ministry as guest expert lecturer, in preparation for the Cyprus Presidency of the European Union.
• Grand Commander of the Order of Phoenix of the Hellenic Republic.
• Grand Merit Cross of Germany.
• Golden Cross of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople