Saturday, 17 April 2021
greek english
Home arrow Services arrow Other Services arrow Household Effects Certificate – Requirements

Household Effects Certificate – Requirements


Individuals (Greek citizens or persons married to a Greek citizen and citizens of any European Union member State) that are residents abroad and wish to settle permanently in Greece, are exempted from import taxation on their personal belongings (furniture, car e.t.c.). Permanent residence is the place where an individual is domiciled for at least 185 days in a twelve month period and where he holds personal and professional bonds

The right for domicile transfer exemptions is founded on proof of residence and work of the applicant himself or his family, for the last two years before settling in Greece:

Documents required
•    Personal Statement (to be filled at the Consular Section)
•    Passport or National Identity Card
•    Self Assessment documents for the last two years before settling in Greece and certificate of termination of work
•    Tax receipts for the last 2 years before settling in Greece for either self owned property or a leasing agreement
•    Public Utility company bills
•    In special cases other documents may be requested as proof of holding close bonds with the place of residence.

In case a private use car, motorbike or motorcycle, pleasure boat or private aircraft is transported, documents proving the full and exclusive ownership of the vehicle for a period of at least six months before the application date are required, as well as:
•    Registration license of the vehicle in the name of the applicant issued by the relevant Swedish authority covering a period of at least six months before the application date.
•    Driver’s license valid for the above mentioned period.

Last Updated Thursday, 11 January 2018