- About Us
- Embassy of Greece in Ottawa
- Consulate General in Toronto
- Consulate General in Montreal
- Consulate General in Vancouver
- About Greece
- Greece and Canada
Lodging of an application for a Greek passport
Passports are issued by the Hellenic Police’s Passport Directorate. If you are a Greek citizen residing in Canada, you can lodge your application at the competent Greek Consular Authority:
1. Gather all necessary documents. Please pay particular attention to the photo requirements, as these differ from Canadian ones. You will pay for the applicable fees at your appointment in the Consulate.
2. Contact the competent Greek Consular Authority, depending on your place of residence:
3. At your appointment a Consular agent will receive your supporting documents, ask you to have your fingertips scanned and will fill-out the application, based on the data you will provide and the documents you will present. Please review your application thoroughly before signing. Any inaccuracy can result in your application being rejected by the Police’s Passport Directorate. Upon completion of this process, you will be issued a receipt containing a 10-digit barcode number, which you can use to track the progress online. Please retain the receipt and the bar-code ticket.
4. Once we receive your new passport we will notify you to have it collected. You can expect on average up to about a month from the date of your appointment.
Please note that in case of loss or theft, the holder of the lost passport must report the loss immediately to the nearest police department (if in Greece) or consular authority (if abroad).
You will be asked to present the aforementioned receipt and bar-code ticket, as well as your old passport.