Acquisition of Greek Citizenship and procedure
NATURALIZATION OF INDIVIDUALS WITH GREEK ORIGIN FROM THE FORMER REPUBLICS OF THE SOVIET UNION
Required supporting documents for submission:
1. Application for naturalization fully completed and signed, along with two recent photographs of the applicant.
2. An exact copy of the applicant's valid passport with its official translation, unless the applicant is a stateless or of unspecified citizenship person or a person whose country has refused to issue a travel document.
3. Original birth certificate legally certified and officially translated.
4. Original marriage certificate of the applicant's parents or other equivalent certificate legally certified and officially translated.
5. Original birth certificate or other equivalent certificate of the applicant's predecessors, from whom he/she derives his/hers Greek origin, legally certified and officially translated.
6. Original certificate of criminal record of a foreign authority legally certified and officially translated.
7. Statement of responsibility (“Ypefthini Dilosi”), with certified signature, in case of modification to a Greek-like form of the name and surname of the applicant (“Hellenization”).
8. Statement of responsibility (“Ypefthini Dilosi”), with certified signature, stating the possible existence of a relative of the applicant who acquired Greek citizenship and, in an affirmative case, with reference to the relevant decision.
9. Payment (administrative fee) of 100 Euros.
All of the above supporting documents must be submitted to the Embassy by the person concerned in their original form. The submission of supporting documents is possible only by appointment by phone (00374536754) or by e-mail ( ). Those interested can receive the application form from the Embassy. After the examination and verification of the submitted supporting documents, the applicant is invited for an interview.