sreda, 25 april 2018

Change of Residency

To obtain certification of change of residency, Greeks abroad address themselves to the nearest Consular Authority, where they can obtain information regarding the documentation they will need to make their application. Note that documentation for obtaining permanent residency differs from country to country, as do the competent agencies from which documentation for permanent residency is obtained.

In general, the necessary prerequisites for issuance of a certificate of residency are:

1. No other similar certification having been issued in the past by any other Consular Authority in the name of the person changing residency or in the name of any member of that person’s family.
2. The person changing residency residing mainly abroad (185 days out of any 12-month period abroad, where he/she has strong personal and professional bonds for at least two consecutive twelve-month periods before his/her change of residency). Studying at a university or other school abroad does not make the country where one is studying one’s country of main residency.

Note that the competent authority in Greece for certification of change of residency is the 18th Directorate of the Finance Ministry. Useful information can be obtained here.

Poslednja izmena 04. 11. 2013.

Pogledajte video zapise na Youtube Pogledajte naše fotografije na Flickr-uJoin us on facebook

Visit Greece

Visit Greece | The Official website of the Greek Tourism Organisation

Golden Visa Programme

Σπουδές στην Ελλάδα - Study in Greece

Educational and Cultural Tourism-Routes in Greece