- Embassy of Greece in Stockholm
- About Greece
- Greece and Sweden
Payment of a special fine for late registration of birth, marriage and civil status change
Payment of a special fine for late registration of birth, marriage and civil status change.
I Obligation to declare registration facts.
Greek citizens have the obligation to declare marriages, births and civil status changes (divorces, name changes, etc.) at the Consular Office of the Embassy.
1. Birth: the birth must be declared within 10 days.
2. Marriage: the marriage must be declared within 40 days.
3. Civil status Change (divorce, child recognition, etc.): civil status changes must be reported within 30 days.
Civil status changes are referred to in article 14 of Law 344/76 and are changes that occur in the status of a person due to legalization, recognition, denial, challenge, infringement of paternity, adoption of a child and its termination, termination or annulment of marriage, termination of cohabitation agreement, addition or change of name, surname, nationality or gender change.
From 15 September 2020, the fine is:
1. 30 euros for:
- birth, which is declared after 10 days from the time of delivery,
- marriage, which is declared after 40 days from the time it took place,
- Change of civil status, which is declared after 30 days from its completion and
2. 60 euros, when the birth, marriage and change of civil status are declared after 90 days from the time the event occurred.
3. IN WHICH CASES A PENALTY IS NOT IMPOSED FOR LATE DECLARATION OF MARRIAGES AND BIRTHS
No fine is required for the overdue declaration to the Consular Office or the Special Registry, of the births or marriages of Greek citizens that took place abroad, provided that the relevant foreign acts are registered in accordance with the law of the country the event occurs.
IV. Payment method
The fine will be paid through a public fee. For the payment of these fees, through the portal www.gsis.gr of the General Secretariat of Information Systems of Public Administration, a unique digital electronic payment code (e-paravolo) is granted, as follows:
Public Agency: "Horizontal Fees",
Fee Category: «Increases. Fines and fines on non-tax revenues and Fees »
I "LATE DECLARATION OF BIRTH, MARRIAGE, CIVIL STATUS CHANGE (beyond the 10-day, 40-day 30-day period), respectively
II "LATE DECLARATION OF BIRTH, MARRIAGE, CIVIL STATUS CHANGE (beyond 90 days from the event).