- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
- Services for Citizens
Declaration of death
A relative of the deceased or an authorized employee of the Funeral Directors must attend in person.
• Application for declaration of death to the Consular Office in London
• Greek passport or ID card of the deceased.
• Valid passport or ID card of the informant.
• Certificate of Municipal registration in Greece where the deceased was (issued within the last 6 months). You are kindly requested to fill in the Voluntary Search Form giving personal details of the deceased in Greek and to email it to: so that we may request the certificate from the Municipality of the deceased.
• Original death certificate issued by the British Authorities. A translation of the death certificate is not required.
• The Special Registry Office Athens requires the informant to complete a solemn declaration, detailing information from the deceased’s Greek ID card, his/ her unique tax number (Α.F.Μ.), his/her Social Security record number (Α.Μ.Κ.Α.) and insurance agency in Greece.
|Fees:||The declaration itself 10€ sterling equivalent.
Copies 10€ sterling equivalent.
Payment in cash.
See section Consular Fees for itemised fees.
For documents that authentication of the original signature is required, it is priced at 10 Euros for Greek/EU citizens and 30 Euros for third country nationals equivalent in Sterling.
|Appointments:||Kindly contact the section for an appointment|
|Applications:||1. Declaration of death
2. Application voluntary search for a certificate of the deceased
3. Solemn declaration