- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
- Services for Citizens
Divorce declaration for divorces issued after 01.03.2001
The Greek citizen is required to attend in person.
• Application for declaring a divorce: You are kindly requested to complete the application prior to your attendance at the Consular Office.
• The original decree absolute issued with the seal of the County Court or the Family Court duly legalized with an APOSTILLE stamp by the competent British Authorities . – A translation is not required.
• For church weddings: A divorce certificate issued by the parish where the religious marriage was solemnized.
• A valid passport or Greek ID card of both ex-spouses.
• Certificate or Confirmation of Family Status of the Greek citizen (issued within the last 6 months). Greek citizens may access their family records via the portal gov.gr using their personal TAXISnet password. In the event that you do not have TAXISnet passwords, you are kindly requested to fill in a voluntary search application form providing your personal details in Greek and requesting that the Consular Office requests a copy of your family status record from the Municipality holding your initial registration.
• If you were married in the UK and you declared the wedding to our Consular Authority, kindly bring a copy of the relevant declaration.
For divorce rulings issued prior to 01.03.2001 the declaration is the responsibility of the interested party in Greece, by submitting all of the above documents, in order that the ruling of the overseas court be recognized by the competent Greek Court.
Certified copies of the declaration can be sent to the Special Registry Office Athens via the Consular Office, or directly by the interested parties themselves or by an authorized third party (in possession of a Notarized Power of Attorney). The Special Registry Office Athens forwards an e-copy of the details to the local Municipality.
|Fees:||The declaration itself 10€ sterling equivalent.
Copies 10€ sterling equivalent.
Payment in cash.
See section Consular Fees for itemised fees.
For documents that authentication of the original signature is required, it is priced at 10 Euros for Greek/EU citizens and 30 Euros for third country nationals equivalent in Sterling.
|Appointments:||Make an appointment via the e-appointments system.
Each registration act requires a separate appointment.
2. voluntary search for a certificate