- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
- Services for Citizens
Declaration of a Marriage solemnized in the United Kingdom
Only the Greek citizen is required to attend in person (if both parties are Greek only one of them is required to attend) in order to submit the following documents:
• Application to declare a marriage: You are kindly requested to complete the application prior to your attendance at the consular office
• Valid passports or Greek ID card for each spouse. EU citizens may complete the declaration using their ID card. Non EU citizens are required to be in possession of a valid passport.
• Certificate or Confirmation of Family Status of the Greek citizen (issued within the last 6 months). Greek citizens may access their family records via the portal gov.gr using their personal TAXISnet password. In the event that you do not have TAXISnet passwords, you are kindly requested to fill in a voluntary search application form providing your personal details in Greek and requesting that the Consular Office requests a copy of your family status record from the Municipality holding your initial registration (icon voluntary search)
• Original Marriage Certificate issued by a British Registry Office duly legalized with an APOSTILLE stamp from the competent British Authorities. A translation of the British Marriage Certificate is not required.
Certified copies of the declaration can be sent to the Special Registry Office Athens via the Consular Office, or directly by the interested parties themselves or by an authorized third party (in possession of a Notarized Power of Attorney). The Special Registry Office Athens forwards an e-copy of the registration details to the competent Municipality. The declaration is considered complete when the certificate details are entered into the family record of the Greek citizen.
|Fees:||Declaration 10€ or equivalent in Sterling.
Copy 10€ or equivalent in Sterling.
Payment in cash.
See section Consular Fees for itemised fees.
For documents that authentication of the original signature is required, it is priced at 10 Euros for Greek/EU citizens and 30 Euros for third country nationals equivalent in Sterling.
|Appointments:||Make an appointment via the e-appointments system.|
|Applications:||1. Marriage declaration
2. Voluntary Search for a Certificate