- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
- Services for Citizens
Civil Marriage Ceremony solemnized at the Consular Office of the Embassy of Greece in London
The marriage is solemnized in accordance with Greek law, both bride and groom must be Greek citizens.
• Application for solemnization of civil marriage and declaration of the same to the Consular Office of the Embassy of Greece in London. The bride and groom are kindly requested to complete the application prior to their attendance at the Consular Office.
• Original wedding licenses issued by the Municipalities where the bride and groom are registered
• Birth certificates of the bride and groom issued by the Municipality in Greece holding their registration. Certificate or Confirmation of Family Status of the Greek citizen (issued within the last 6 months). Greek citizens may access their family records via the portal gov.gr using their personal TAXISnet password.
• Bride and groom passport or Greek ID card.
• Two witnesses, in possession of a valid passport or ID card, present at the solemnization of the marriage, regardless of degree of relatedness.
• Solemn Declaration of No Impediment to Marriage
• Joint declaration determining children’s surname
|Fees:||Α) Solemnization of Civil Marriage of United Kingdom residents sterling
equivalent of 100€, outside UK sterling equivalent of 200€.
Β) Marriage Declaration sterling equivalent of 10€. Each copy sterling equivalent of 10€.
Payment in cash.
See section Consular Fees for itemised fees.
|Appointments:||You are kindly requested to contact us by email: so that we may arrange a date for the marital ceremony to take place.|
|Application forms:||1. Application Civil Marriage και Marriage declaration
2. Voluntary Search for Certificate
3. Solemn Declaration of No Impediment to Marriage
4. Joint declaration determining children’s surname