Wednesday, 21 April 2021
Greece in Japan arrow Other Servicesarrow Permanent residents abroad

Permanent residents abroad


Applicants for a “Permanent Resident Abroad” certificate must show proof of permanent residence in Japan, that is, that they are living (for at least 185 days per year) and working in Japan.

1.     Several of the following documents are to be presented:
2.     Record of employment by a Japanese business or the Public Sector of Japan;
3.     Utility bills (telephone, cable TV, public utilities commission, hydro, gas, water);
4.     Mortgage, rental or lease agreement;
5.     Insurance policy (home, tenant, automobile or life);
6.     Japanese income tax return.

Copies of the above will be retained in the applicant’s file.

The use of information contained in these documents is governed by Greek Law No. 2472/1997 on the Protection of Personal Data.

Should you have any further questions regarding the above or for any clarification you may contact an agent of the Consular Office via telephone at (03) 3403-0871/2, via fax at (03) 3402 4642 or via e-mal at the following address:

Last Updated Tuesday, 19 February 2013