Monday, 23 April 2018

Change of Residency

(Decision of the Minister of Economy and Finance, D.245/88)

To obtain a certification of change of residency, the interested parties living abroad, address themselves to the nearest Consular Authority, where they can obtain information regarding the documentation they will need to support their application. Note that documentation for obtaining permanent residency differs from country to country, as do the competent agencies from which documentation for permanent residency is obtained.

Persons ( Greeks and foreigners ) who have their habitual residence abroad and transfer it to Greece, in order to settle permanently, may import/transfer their personal belongings (household effects, cars, etc.), under relief from taxation provided.

Establishing the repatriation right.

Professional ties are proved by the profession of the person.

Personal ties are proved by the family or other constant and permanent ties that a person has in a given place.

In general, the necessary conditions for issuance of a certificate of residency are:

1. No other similar certification having been issued in the past by any other Consular Authority in the name of the person changing residency or in the name of any member of that person’s family.

2. The person changing residency residing mainly abroad (185 days out of any 12-month period abroad, where he/she has strong personal and professional bonds for at least two consecutive twelve-month periods before their change of residency). Studying at a university or other school abroad does not make the country where one is studying one’s country of main residency.

In order to apply for a "Household Effects Certificate", we indicatively mention some supporting documents, by which (and depending on the case) the establishment of the repatriation right is cumulatively ascertained:

1.  Original house rental contract/s (preferably in English ) along with the rental monthly receipts.

2.  Employment Contract/s or letter/proof of employment in English or translated by a Notary Public.

3.  Alien’s Registration Card.

4.  Tax receipts with Apostille.

5.  Certificate of Residence with Apostille.

6.  Social Security in the ROK

7.  Utility bills

8.  Entry-Exit certificate with Apostille

9.  Children’s school documents

10. Passport/s (expired and valid ones, greek or foreign ones) of all members of the family.

11. Driving license, proof of insurance, vehicle registration and title of ownership   (if an automobile or other vehicle is to be included in the household items).

For  means of transport, a relief from taxation is granted when the owner of this particular means of transport possessed and operated it at his/her country of residencey for at least six (6) months before the issuance of the repatriation certificate.

The fees for the certificate is €120,00

For more information, the persons concerned may contact the Customs Regions and the 18th Directorate of Customs Economic Systems, at the following telephone numbers:

Customs Region, Attica                (+30) 210-4511389

Customs Region, Thessalonica      (+30) 2310-531220

Customs Region, Patra                (+30) 2610-339870

Customs Region, Kavala              (+30) 2510-836919

Customs Region, Volos                (+30) 24210-39186

Customs Region, Dodekanissos    (+30) 22410-29291

Customs Region, Corfu                (+30) 26610-39392

Customs Region, Heraklion          (+30) 2810-302616

Customs Region, Lesvos              (+30) 22510-28311

Customs Region, Syros                (+30) 22810-85132

Please contact the Consular Office in Seoul for further information.

Last Updated Monday, 18 December 2017
Visit Greece

Visit Greece | The Official website of the Greek Tourism Organisation

Golden Visa Programme

Σπουδές στην Ελλάδα - Study in Greece

Educational and Cultural Tourism-Routes in Greece