- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
- Services for Citizens
List of supporting documents for issuing passports to minors
1. Application (provided at the Consular Office by the parents or legal guardians). In order to submit the application the applicant (minor) must be present.
Both parents/legal guardians must be present on the day of the application holding a valid ID. The written consent dully legalized of the parent who can not present himself at the consular office on the date of the application is necessary.
2. Previous passport (provided it exists). The owner will keep his/her previous passport until collection of the new one, when it will be invalidated.
3. Recent (no more than a month old) color digital photograph of particular technical specifications, light-colored background and the face looking directly into the camera. If the photograph does not meet the required specifications, the application will be rejected by the Passport Directorate of the Greek Police.
4. A Greek Police identity card (recent, where personal data, e.g. first name and surname, are also written in Latin), for minors over the age of 12. If the applicant does not have a Greek Police identity card, the Consulate Office will print out a certificate of municipal roll (see above).
Persons under guardianship or judicial assistance
In case of adults under guardianship or judicial assistance, the presence of the guardian is required at the time of the submission of application and /or judicial assistant certified copy of relevant decision must be presented.
Following citizens’ complaints regarding the way Greek names & surnames are translated in Latin, on Greek passports, we would like to inform you that according to the current legislation the above procedure is subject to the standards of ELOT 743 (ISO 843). Click here to see how your name will appear, in Latin characters, on your new passport.
|Service Cost:||For minors up to 14 years: the equivalent in pounds of 73.60 Euros depending on the exchange rate of the current month (passport valid for 3 years). Payment is made in cash.
For minors over 14 years: the equivalent in pounds of 84.40 Euros depending on the current month exchange rate (passport valid for 5 years). Payment is made in cash.
For documents that authentication of the original signature is required, it is priced at 10 Euros for Greek/EU citizens and 30 Euros for third country nationals equivalent in Sterling.
|Appointment:||The service requires an online appointment.|
|Relevant forms:||1. Application for a new passport
2. Application for ex-officio search for a temporary birth certificate
3. Parent consent form for issuing a minor passport