- About Us
- Embassy of Greece in Ottawa
- Consulate General in Toronto
- Consulate General in Montreal
- Consulate General in Vancouver
- About Greece
- Greece and Canada
How to submit a declaration of ownership to the Hellenic Cadastre (Ktimatologio)
If you reside in Canada and want to declare ownership of land in Greece with the Hellenic Cadastre (Ktimatologio) the following options are available to you:
1) If you have a valid taxisnet account, know the exact particulars of your property and have the appropriate documentation you can use the web-application of the Hellenic Cadastre (available in Greek only).
2) If you know the exact particulars of your property in Greece and would like to assign a third party in Greece to draw up, sign and file the statement on your behalf, you can have this special authorization filled out and then contact the competent consular Authority in Canada to have your signature verified. In this case, please don’t sign the special authorization until you come to the competent consular Authority with a valid piece of ID (valid Greek or Canadian passport or Greek ID card). No appointment is needed.
3) If you aren’t sure about the exact particulars of your property in Greece and would like to appoint a third party with a special or general power of attorney for the management of your real estate affairs in Greece you can contact the competent consular Authority in Canada and ask for an appointment to sign a power of attorney.